The Sr. Systems Engineer will be responsible for deploying and supporting client projects on Flexware’s Integration Team. You will be responsible for working with a multitude of technologies such as PLC controls and automation, OPC’s, HMI and SCADA development, custom software development, integrating databases, working with data historians and OEE’s, among other things. As a Sr. Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for engaging with the customer, guiding and leading them through solutions, and ultimately delivering successful projects. Preference will be given to candidates that match the majority of skills listed below.
- Design and development of multiple technologies such as but not limited to
- HMI and SCADA such as Ignition, Wonderware, TrakSYS, and others
- Data Historians such as OSI PI or Rockwell FactoryTalk Historian
- Databases using SQL Server or Oracle
- Operational Reporting using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) or similar tools
- Custom application development using C#/.NET or similar programming languages
- Develop and configure interfaces with third party software tools/utilities such as OPC Servers
- Design technical solutions and lead implementation projects utilizing Flexware resources as well as client resources when necessary.
- Support, maintain, and enhance deployed solutions in multiple environments
- Work with customers to define solution requirement and project success metrics
- Develop and implement long term support plans for solutions
- Participate and perform action items as a team member or lead projects involving other engineers and cross-functional team members.
- Ability to provide detailed documentation
- Must be adaptable to new production trends and have an aptitude for technology and a desire to learn new trends and technologies
- Perform other duties as necessary
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (CS), Computer Engineering (CE), Electrical Engineering Technology (EET), Electrical Engineering (EE) or similar degree
- 5+ years of experience in Manufacturing Integration space with a preference to candidates in a consulting role
- Experience with high level programming with C#.NET or similar programming languages
- Experience with one or more operational data historians such as OSI PI or Rockwell FactoryTalk Historian highly preferred.
- Experience working with HMI/SCADA/OEE solutions such as Ignition, TrakSYS, or Rockwell products
- Experience working with SQL or Oracle Databases including writing medium to complex queries, stored procedures, functions, and triggers.
- Experience with design and development of Operational reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Extensive experience working with OPC Servers and tag data
- Ability to understand PLC and PLC logic and programming with preference toward the Rockwell Platform
- Hardware integration experience with barcode scanners, scales, printers, etc. is a plus
- Must be able to interact with customers and vendors and resolve comments and requested changes
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must demonstrate high commitment to quality and ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently
- Ability to mentor and lead teams with outstanding communication skills
Scope of Interaction
As a Flexware Sr. Systems Engineer you will interact in multiple environments with customers and fellow Engineers. You will be assisting other resources to provide solutions to customers. This resource must have excellent analysis and design skills, and must have the desire and ability to learn new technologies and tools quickly.
Problem Solving Environment
It is critical that the Sr. Systems Engineer possess a strong understanding of the full life cycle of a project. This individual must be able to manage projects and provide guidance during establishment of business requirements, white boarding sessions, workshops, providing scope of projects, and high-level design of a solution.
|Job Category||Information Technology|