Develop software to assist with our client’s Next Generation medical device platforms and instruments. These platforms and instruments provide “breakthrough” technologies that are used to diagnose cancer and other diseases, develop personalized medicines, provide gene sequencing, and perform research to assist with developing other healthcare solutions.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated success in leading a technical team in the design, implementation, and delivery of quality software applications integrated with various hardware and connected devices. The ability to work closely with customers, understand complex problems and requirements, and present quality solutions is required. The consistent ability to successfully interact with customers on a daily basis is vital to fulfilling the role.
The majority of clients develop medical devices regulated by the FDA. The successful candidate will be able to quickly learn about FDA 21 CFR Part 820 – Quality System Regulation and IEC 62304 Software Development Lifecycle.
The Technical Lead responsibilities include, but are not limited to, Cloud-based service infrastructure, PC and microprocessor based software development, software/hardware integration, writing correspondence and design documentation, system verification and validation, and customer interaction and training.
The position requires leading and reviewing other engineers through all phases of the project’s development. Successfully interacting with the customer’s management is also required. Occasional overnight travel may be required during critical periods of a project.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A MS/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of technical experience
- Minimum of 3 years of technically leading a development team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to tackle complex development tasks with minimal supervision
- Experience in developing Graphical User Interfaces
- Experience with serial communications or TCP/IP
- Developing software to control FDA Class 2 and 3 devices is a plus
|Job Category||Information Technology|